While throwing a tennis ball to my dog last week in a snow storm, I came up with a list of reasons why I'd rather be a dog than a human when it snows:
1. Dogs don't ever have to shovel.
2. You can play in the snow for a really long time and never get cold.
3. Dogs don't have to put up with people who don't know how to drive in the snow, stopping on a dime, so you have to swerve into a ditch to avoid rear-ending them.
4. You can sit and stare out the window at the snow falling for hours and no one thinks you should be doing something or that you've lost your mind.
5. Snow on your head will not give you a bad hair day.
6. You don't have to spend an extra ten minutes putting on ski socks, boots, a hat, gloves, a scarf, a face mask just to take a walk. All you need is a human and a leash.
7. If the roof of the house caves in from the weight of the snow, it doesn't affect your life - at all.
8. You love it when the kids have a snow day.
9. You love it when snow sand-blasts your face at 90 miles an hour from the snowblower.
10. If you had to eat yellow snow to survive, it really wouldn't be a problem.